We’re putting together some resources for local services to help with food, shopping, and other pressing needs during this time of COVID-19. We’ll also include some arts resources to help keep you inspired while practicing social distancing.
Volunteers and Food donations:
- Franklin Community co-op has a service where co-op members can offer or ask for help with shopping etc. Sign up here
- Common Good offers a bulletin board to post needs or offers, organized by zip code. See the board here.
Shopping and Food resources:
- Franklin County Food Resources compiled and updated by Community Action Pioneer Valley &
Franklin County Hunger Task Force is available here.
- The Mohawk Trail Regional School District will offer grab-and-go meals to any school-aged child who resides in the l District.The following locations will offer the service beginning Friday, March 20 through the school closure:Buckland-Shelburne Elementary
Breakfast & lunch
10:30 AM-2 PM
Location: Curbside at Main Entrance
CONTACT: Debbie at email@example.com
Colrain Central School
Breakfast & Lunch
11 AM-1 PM
Location: Curbside at Back Entrance by Gym
CONTACT: Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanderson Academy @ Neighbors
Lunch (with an option for breakfast)
Location: Neighbors store in Ashfield. Curbside pick-up.
CONTACT: Wendy to reserve at 413-625-6390.
- Hearty Eats is now offering pick-up service for groceries as well as prepared food. Order here .
- Franklin Community Co-op (including McCuskers market) accepts bulk pre-orders from members online. Order here.
- CISA guide to online ordering and home deliveries: here
- River Valley Market in Northampton is now offering curbside pick-up. More information here.
Arts and Entertainment
- The Met is offering “Nightly Met Opera Streams” during their closure. I understand the demand is high, but it might be worth a try. Learn more here.
- The Louvre is offering virtual tours here.
- Google Arts and Culture offers a glimpse of collections from around the world here.
- Take a virtual tour of Yellowstone National Park here.
- Take a video tour of Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska, here.
- Take a video tour of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park here.
For Kids (and Kids at Heart)
- The New England Aquarium is offering free virtual visits- presentations, videos, and activities- here.
- Indigenous educators volunteer to teach short K-8 lessons online amid school closures. Find the link here
- Atlanta’s Center for Puppetry Arts offers free performances and videos here.
News and Information
- The New York Times is offering free access to its Coronavirus coverage. Sign up here
- Read World Health Organization info about the virus here
- Mass.gov information about Coronavirus, including cases by county, available here.
- See Massachusetts unemployment information here.
And since you’re already on your computer…
- Fill our your 2020 Census forms here.