Welcome to Shelburne Falls Yoga
Online Classes with Kate Pousont Scarborough Continue This Spring
Outdoor and Small-Group Studio Classes Resume Soon.
Outdoor Classes will meet Tuesdays 10-11:15 in a beautiful & spacious location in Buckland, just a few minutes from the studio. Registration will be required, and class will not meet if the weather is too cold or rainy. The first class is scheduled for Tuesday April 13, weather permitting.
- Masks are required for arrival and departure, but they can be removed during practice. Mats will be spaced 15 ft. apart.
- This will be a moderately paced class, suitable for a range of levels, with lots of room for personal adaptations.
- Suggested donation for the class is $15, with an option for sliding scale for those with financial need.
- This was a joyful gathering last summer, and I can't wait to resume! If you'd like to reserve your place, email me, and I will send you details and directions. I will be checking in each Sunday to confirm your registration after assessing the weather forecast.
- The class time will change to 9-10:15 once the hot weather arrives. (I intend to run the class until such time as our usual studio schedule can resume.)
Small Group Studio Classes will be beginning in May, and running through the end of June:
Gentle Yoga, Thursdays 3-4pm
& Moderate Yoga, Fridays, noon-1:00.
- These classes will require masks of all participants, with 4-5 students per class. We will be spaced 15 ft. apart, with three air purifiers in the space and windows open.
- Studio props will not be available for use- please bring a mat and blanket from home.
- Pre-registration is required, and space is limited. If you interested in one of these classes, please email me and let me know which class you'd like to attend, your preferred frequency (weekly, monthly, occasionally, etc.) and any dates you will not be available. From there, I will put together a schedule in an attempt to give all who want to attend the opportunity to do so.
- Students will be asked to refrain for attending for 10 days following any travel out of the region, and I will not be holding class on the week of May 17 as I will, with luck, be attending my son's college graduation in New Jersey on the previous weekend.
Online classes are available in two formats: live or recorded. Join SFY Director Kate Pousont Scarborough live via Zoom to experience the class in real time and connect with your classmates (your camera and microphone use are optional, so no need to be seen unless you'd like to be). Registration links for each class are available below. If your internet or schedule doesn't allow for the live attendance, you can still participate! Email email@example.com to request a video link to view at your convenience.
Online Class Schedule:
- Mondays 9-10 am: Intermediate Kripalu Yoga - a moderately paced class appropriate for many levels, this practice includes, meditation, warm-ups, and standing & seated postures, with an emphasis on breath, attention, and safe, easeful movement. Click here to sign up for Monday classes.
- Tuesday 6-7 pm: Yin Yoga- Yin Yoga is a physically gentle practice that emphasizes stillness, internal balance, and meditative focus. The class includes some gentle warm-ups, and a long yin yoga sequence. It is suitable for beginners, and easy to adapt for individual circumstances due to its slower pace, but is also ideal for advanced practitioners looking to explore the realms of deep focus and attention. Click here to sign up Tuesday classes.
- Wednesdays 9-10am: Vinyasa Flow - a lively and challenging yoga experience, this class emphasizes a balanced and attentive approach to vinyasa flow, with core sequences and seated postures also included. Previous yoga experience recommended. Click here to sign up for Wednesday classes.
- Fridays 9-10 am: Gentle Kripalu Yoga- a favorite of beginners and experienced practitioners alike, this class emphasizes a coordination of breath and attention with gentle, flowing movements as well as seated, supine, and restorative postures. Click here to sign up for Friday Classes.
30 Minute Individual, Sliding-Scale, Online sessions with Kate are also available. This is a wonderful opportunity to check in about personal goals and progress, and to receive feedback about your postures or other practice questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. $25-$35, sliding scale. Longer sessions are also an option.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email just once, with the link and password needed to access all future meetings of that particular class. Please keep your confirmation email for future use!
Online classes will continue until we are able to reopen fully. We are hoping for August 1st, but this will become more clear as the season progresses. Once we resume our full studio schedule, I will be continuing with one weekly Zoom class for those who need this option in order to attend. Thank you so much for your support and patience during this transition!
Shelburne Falls Yoga serves students of all levels, ages, and abilities. Everyone is welcome here! Our beautiful studio overlooks the Deerfield River and Salmon Falls, and our dedicated and experienced teachers are committed to helping you work toward greater health, well-being, and self-awareness through skilled instruction in yoga, movement, and meditation.
We actively foster an environment in which your goals, needs, and intuitive wisdom take precedence over external performance or conforming to outside instruction. We value the process of inquiry and honor the multi-faceted, ancient, and evolving tradition of yoga. Compassionate self-observation is at the core of our offerings, and we engage in an ongoing exploration of how this core can be extended outward in acknowledgement of the collective needs of our shared world.
Our studio is a beloved place of respite and community gathering for many, where you will also learn and practice skills in body and mind that can serve you in your health, work, and relationships throughout your lifetime. We hope you will join us!
We at Shelburne Falls Yoga stand in solidarity with the Black community and the Black Lives Matter movement, and acknowledge the active oppression and systemic racism that has thrived in this nation since its earliest days of colonization. We mourn the loss of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, Ahmaud Arbery, and the countless other lives ended as a result of pervasive, ongoing racism and anti-blackness in the United States.
As a predominantly white organization serving a predominantly white community, we acknowledge our participation, however unwitting, in this dynamic of oppression and encourage our community to understand how white supremacy has shaped our society on every level, regardless of individual beliefs.